In order to enter a classroom during the school day or go on a field trip, you need to complete HISD’s VIPS (Volunteers in Public Schools) Registration. If you would like to volunteer during the first few weeks of school please do this ASAP as it will take 2-3 weeks to complete your background check. If this is your first year to volunteer in HISD you must follow the steps below. All volunteers (including grandparents and other family members) must register online and pass a criminal background check. Please follow the steps below to become a VIPS:
- Step 1: Register online using this form: http://amun.houstonisd.org/visits/en-us/login.aspx
- Step 2: Once you have registered, you must go in person to the MCLIMS office (you may do thia during registration if you have already complete the online form)and show proof of identification see list of options here http://www.houstonisd.org/domain/10494
- Step 3: Identification information will go into our database for processing by the Volunteer Coordinator at each campus.
- Step 4: The criminal history background check can take 2-3 weeks to complete.
- Step 5: Once you are CLEARED to volunteer, you are eligible to volunteer throughout HISD.